This is it. The 2018 Farm Bill debate is here and it is time we push every U.S. member of Congress and U.S. Senator to support the two federal checkoff program reform bills that have been filed. For many of you, you have been fighting for a decade to restore justice to the checkoff programs.
Now is the time to reach out to your U.S. Senators and members of Congress to urge them to co-sponsor the Opportunities for Fairness in Farming (OFF) Act, S. 741 & H.R. 1753 and the Voluntary Checkoff Act, S. 740 & H.R. 1752. We have compiled this toolkit to help you prepare for your contacts with Congressional offices.
If your organization has not yet signed on to support federal checkoff reform, please consider doing so here.
- Press Release: Federal Lawmakers Reintroduce Commodity Checkoff Reform Legislation
- List of Organizations Supporting Checkoff Program Reform
- November 2017 Government Accountability Office (GAO) Report Calling for Checkoff Oversight
- Guide: How to Request a State Checkoff Refund
- Information on OCM’s FOIA Lawsuit Regarding Beef Checkoff Program
- Press Release: USDA Claims Confidentiality for 12,000 Pages of Federal Checkoff Spending Records
- Press Release: USDA Failed to Submit Five Years of Federally Mandated Dairy Checkoff Reports